CoughAssist CA-3000 is an insufflator and exsufflator cough machine, formerly known as the Emerson Cough Assist. Later the Cough Assist was made by Philips Respironics. Recently, this cough assist machine has been replaced by the new Respironics T70. Although the CA-3000 is no longer manufactured, there are many factory refurbished units currently available at a fraction of the cost of the new version. The CA 3000 CoughAssist is highly respected as a respiratory therapy machine and is still used by many hospitals, clinics and by homecare.
Philips Respironics CA3000 Cough Assist provides noninvasive respiratory therapy that safely removes secretions from the airway passages. The Cough Assist provides positive pressure to the airway and then abruptly switches to negative pressure to loosen mucous. This positive to negative pressure simulates coughing to free secretions from the lungs and airway passages. The cough therapy provided by the Respironics CA 3000 offers a safe, non-invasive alternative to suctioning. Healthcare professionals use cough assist devices to reduce the incidence of respiratory infections. This cough machine is flexible to be used with an oxygen mask, mouthpiece or an adapter to an endotracheal or trach tube.
Vitality Medical carries other respiratory aids like the Vibralung and the TheraPEP.
PHILIPS RESPIRONICS COUGH ASSIST CA3000 FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Mechanical insufflator-exsufflator effectively clears broncho-pulmonary secretions.
- Helps to remove secretions that obstruct breathing.
- Approved for home use for both adults and children.
- Easy to operate.
- Safe and noninvasive respiratory therapy.
- Product Number: CA-3000.
- Dimensions: 11 W x 11.5 H x 16.5 D Inch.
- Weight: 24 lbs.
- Maximum Positive Pressure: 60 cm H2O (44 mm Hg)
- Maximum Negative Pressure: 60 cm H2O (44 mm Hg)
- Maximum Inhalation Flow: 3.3 liters/second with inhale flow set to minimum; if set to maximum inhalation, the flow is the same as the exhalation flow.
- Maximum Exhalation Flow Capacity: 10 liters/second; actual flow depends on maximum pressure and on airway resistance.
- Pressure Gauge: -70 to 0 to +70 cm H.
- Mode of Operation: Automatic and Manual Timing.
- Standards: UL STD 2601-1, certified to CAN/CSA – STD C22.2 No. 601.1M90.
- Manufacturer: Philips Respironics, formerly Emerson.
- Brand: CoughAssist.
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the 'Complete Orders' link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.